
2. The colors I am really digging this fall are gray, purple and gold. Together or alone, they are great shades for fall. They are not as predictable as the typical yellow, red and orange; although those are great too! If you want to stand out a bit, grab some gray, purple and gold pieces.
Or do one of my favorite eye tricks - plum eyeliner with a gold shadow. It looks good on everyone! Cover Girl makes a great plum eyeliner that I use often. Or, if you're really artsy and daring, try doing the above look!



4. A great neutral boot. I would suggest little to no heel to avoid slipping when it rains or snows. Also, try to get away from the normal black or chocolate brown, and look for a camel or a gray. They are also neutrals, just something unexpected. As seen on Blake Lively, they can be worn with skirts or pants.


5. Pale skin, dark hair; maybe even with bold lips or nails. Think Anne Hathaway, Zooey Deschanel, Kate Beckinsale or Rachel McAdams; all picture above.

Or, to really put it simply, think Snow White or Bella. :)
If you highlight your hair, consider putting some low-lights or skipping it all-together for these fall and winter months. You can use the money to update your look in other ways, or just save it! If you go to the tanning bed, please do so modestly. I truly think nothing looks more silly than super tan girls walking around in the middle of winter! (Believer or not, guys DO notice!) Embrace the natural you, and scale back a bit (or just fore go it altogether). Also, there are a lot of new, bold lip colors at any drug store. I have found most for 5 bucks and under. They really scream fall and winter, and are all the latest rave. Have you seen the commericals? Old Hollywood is coming back. If you really don't like darker lips, try a darker nail color. My favorite fall nail polish color is Sally Hansen's, Haute Chocolate, pictured above.
These tips basically channel the 40's glamour vibe, as did this Victoria's Secret model. I LOVE this look!
So there you have it. It's just my opinion and favorite things, for all three of you who read this!
No comments:
Post a Comment