Poole Party

Boy meets girl through prayer team for Campus Crusade for Christ. Daniel always wanted to sit beside Jess because "she smelled good." After being "friendly" for two years, we started dating in April 2006, married in October 2007, and had our first baby girl, Piper, in October 2010. Here's hoping more will join our party soon.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just a little something

We had a busy and fun weekend, so I thought I would recap it the best I could without my own pictures (though coming soon). Why is it blogs are barely any fun without pictures?

Last week, when our house we purchased in December, was completely upside down because of painting and putting down new floors, my husband informed me that they had nowhere to host their monthly CMA (Christian Medical Association) meeting that Friday. I thought about it (obviously not for long) and agreed it was fine to have it at our house.

Needless to say, last week was full of finishing up some projects so that our house was in somewhat decent shape! We didn't go to bed until 4 a.m. on Thursday night/Friday morning. But the meeting was wonderful. We watched a NOOMA video, and there were some really great testimonies afterward. The video was about being able to forgive other people as well as yourself, and the baggage that can come with unforgiveness. It really spoke to me, and to a lot of other people there. It was a very refreshing time.

Saturday morning, my best friend Emily and I headed to my hometown of Milton (almost right beside where we live now, Barboursville). Milton is extremely small - which has its ups and downs. After living there my entire life (until I went to college), I thought I knew everyone. I could take a walk on Main Street, go to a football or baseball game or run in one of the two grocery stores and know most of who I would see. That isn't the case anymore. I am surprised at how much has changed, and how I really don't know many people there anymore.

We went to check out the Flea Market and Pumpkin Festival. While I (half-heartedly) made fun of these two things the majority of my younger days, I have grown to be very proud of them. We majorly scored at the flea market, walking away with some great finds at a wonderful shabby chic shop.

I became the proud owner of a GREAT old door, with 4 equally sized and spaced windows lining the length of it. I plan to put 4 wedding pictures in the windows, back it with scrapbook paper, and hang it over our couch horizontally. I can't wait to show you! I also got a small candelabra - it was 8 bucks and TURQUOISE! My favorite color, and staple color throughout most of our home. It is antique and perfect. I came home with a few other things, as did Emily. We stupidly drove her convertible mustang and had to put the top down with our furniture sticking out the back seat! We had many a stares and calling outs as we waited in line to park for the festival for over 30 minutes. We prayed no one would take it while we roamed the fair grounds, and because we were in Milton - no one did. :)

At the Pumpkin Festival, we ate until our heart's content - BBQ, fries, lemonade, pumpkin soft-serve ice-cream, pumpkin donuts, etc.! We looked at all the crafts, booths, animals, a 1,140 pound pumpkin, picked up a hand-made accessory for our hair, and called it a day.

I came home, hopped in the shower (you know you need to save your shower for AFTER you attend the two, right?) and headed to a movie with Daniel and some friends. We saw "The Invention of Lying" and it wasn't a favorite. It mocked Christianity, basically calling The Bible a lie. It had its funny moments, but I don't care to ever see it again!

Sunday morning was Homecoming at church, which meant MORE great food. I made a dessert - I will give the recipe out later - it is easy, quick and RICH! Daniel had to study afterwards, and I ran to Target before we went to Marshall Community Church (more on this soon).

We did a service project - some people handed out laundry detergent, some people went to the City Mission and handed out food, and some (Daniel and me included) cleaned up the Frat yards from the weekend of Marshall Homecoming activities. They were very appreciative which was nice! My toes were cold and smelled like beer, but my heart was full.

We ate some pizza with everyone, and then headed over to spend time with Jeff, Kari, Jackson and Jude. Jeff took our wedding pictures (check out his blog!) and engagement pictures. They're some of our very best friends. We ALWAYS have the best time with them! We think of them as family. Jackson (5) and Jude (3) are wonderful! They crack us up and are too cute for their own good! We absolutely love being a part of their lives.

We got home later than we should, but happier than if we had skipped out. It was the best weekend I had had in a long time.

No comments: