I am definitely terrible at blogging, but now that Piper has joined the family I really hope to do better! I love the idea of having an online journal, and am more likely to do better at this than an actual journal! I can type much fast than I write, and I don't ever have to worry about misplacing it!
So here are some memories about Piper from the first month of her life!
Piper, you turned one month on November 2nd. You are getting SO much bigger. I had no idea you would grow so fast! You're still in newborn clothes, and you have pretty much outgrown your premie sleepers you lived in for the first several weeks. However, you are beginning to really fill out those newborns, so I am sure you'll be wearing 0-3 any day now! You're also especially LONG! I can't wait until your two month check-up to see how much you've grown since you were two weeks! I wish your doctor did a 1 month check up!
You're eating every four hours, unless you're going through a growth spurt. Your schedule most days is eating at 6, 10, 2, 6, 10, 2. You're doing really well! Once during the day you'll go between 5-6 hours without eating, but somehow you always get back on track! Sometimes you will eat after 7 p.m. and after 11 p.m., and completely skip your 2 a.m. feeding, and wake up at 5 something to eat.
You're SO smiley - especially after you eat or after your diaper is changed. You're beginning to talk a little, and I love to hear you discover your voice!
We dedicated you to the Lord on November 7th, the same day Jamie and Krystle dedicated Malakai. We pray you two will have a wonderful friendship! You two have spent lots of time together! :) We may or may not have already arranged a marriage...
You have always loved to be held. You're SUCH a cuddle bunny, and it is no wonder since mommy and daddy both have physical touch as a love language! We love cuddling you, and we want to hold you all the time.
You really hate to be swaddled. Mommy tried it once, and you sweat through your sleeper and the blanket! We won't be doing that again. You're a belly sleeper, and you love it. You were moving your head from one side to the other the second day you were home!
Bella loves you, even though you may never know it. When you're crying, and we're trying to calm you down, Bella will bite our toes or arms to say "Hey! You better not be making my sister cry!"
You're still sleeping in a bassinet in our room, and we love it. I love having you right beside us, but you nap in your pack and play, in the moses basket Grandy let us borrow, or just on a blanket on the couch. I am going to start having you nap more in your crib this week.
You had a TON of visitors the first several weeks, and you're still getting visitors a couple times a week. Everyone has taken SUCH great care of mommy and daddy. We had three weeks worth of food and gift cards for food-to-go! You are so loved.
You really like to be awake after you eat, and we're not sure what to do about it! We can't stand the thought of you "crying it out," so we hold you until you fall asleep. You fight sleep SO hard!
You are VERY gassy. I have no idea what to do about it! I know your belly bothers you a lot, and after you pass gas, and it doesn't matter how, you feel so much better. You like when daddy walks around with you in the football hold.
Your nicknames include Pipester, Lippers, Little Lady, and your dad calls your Pipsqueak. You have such a beautiful mouth, and when you were learning to nurse you would smack your lips together SO loudly, Lippers kind of stuck! Mawmaw calls you lippers, exclusively!
We already have way too many poop stories for you to be as young as you are. We'll leave it at that. :)
And lastly, you have your daddy wrapped around your little finger! Auntie Ambria cried after your dedicaion because "you're so lucky to have Daniel for a dad." He is so crazy about you, and has been the best daddy and husband possible since you've been born.
1 comment:
yay! love to see your blog getting some updates! piper seems to be such a sweet, beautiful, baby--can't wait to meet her one day!
Post a Comment