Poole Party

Boy meets girl through prayer team for Campus Crusade for Christ. Daniel always wanted to sit beside Jess because "she smelled good." After being "friendly" for two years, we started dating in April 2006, married in October 2007, and had our first baby girl, Piper, in October 2010. Here's hoping more will join our party soon.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

2 years ago today...

I married this man...

My life became better than I ever could have imagined. All the things you think would matter, didn't. All that mattered was God writing our love story.

All I could think about was the verses in the Bible and the books I had read about being a wife. Praying and preparing for the lifetime ahead of us - not one day.

Honestly.

I look back, and could do without the dress, without the food, without the dancing (even though it was the most fun I have EVER had!) As long as my family and closest friends were there; and we were married.

I am so thankful God wrote marriage into our love story. I handed God the pen when I was a junior in high school, and He did NOT disappoint!

I was so happy, I couldn't contain myself. I looked like this throughout the day...

I literally felt as though I could burst with the love I had for him! (And still do!)

Our wedding was cheap. Our decorations were pretend, and some borrowed. Most of the food were gifts from family and friends. It wasn't fancy; but it was us, and it was fun.

This is our wedding party. 11 on each side. Couldn't have imagined it any other way. If anything, I would have added a few (they know who they are).
I love how happy he makes me! I love that we remind each other it isn't always about happiness - it is about holiness. And spurring each other closer to Christ.

I love when he looks at me with nothing but unconditional love in his eyes.
I love that he is silly, and makes me laugh until I cry. I love that he didn't hold it in, and found time to play even on our wedding day.

Thank you for making my life sweeter. You are the best person I have ever known, and I am so blessed to call you husband!

Happy wedding anniversary, husband!

I love you.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Jess-that is the sweetest thing ever. Really, you've got the right idea :) Praise God for you and your wonderful husband.