Here is Piper at the beginning of the Party with my brother, Andy. She was a little leery of so many people being at her house when she woke up from her nap!
Here is what ended up being under our carport, because of the bad weather. (This is the aftermath. I forgot to get a before picture.) There were going to be quite a few older kids there, and I was worried they'd be bored. So I had some cheap craft paint on hand, bought some pumpkins, and let them craft whatever they wanted on them. I think they had a great time!
The Decorations and the Food were a lot of fun (and did I mention stressful?) I should have done pizza and/or hotdogs and something simple. Hindsight is 20/20. Instead, I did a bazillion lunch meats and bread, to let people build their own sandwich. We also had a variety of chips, veggies, fruits, pasta salads, treats, etc.
The party was October 1st, at 11:30 am. I figured people would be running a little late, get there just in time for lunch, and it worked out with Piper's naps. I was actually pleased with this decision!
My good friend Kari made the cake (with me watching! ha!) a few days before. It was just what I wanted! And her family didn't even get to come! Her sister had a baby, so they had to hightail it to Chicago the day before! We missed them.
Doily banner I made - just trying to make it look festive! However, this is something I'm not even sure people noticed?! LOL!
David is one of five children, and the oldest. Can you tell? He is better than me with babies!
Some kids having fun with Piper's toys!
Um, PLEASE look at Malakai's outfit! He looks like GQ baby!
The best dad that ever lived!
Family picture, which we can never get Piper to smile! Any tips or tricks?!
Cutest Auntie Ambi! I love her!
My sister was a huge help that morning. She is so great!
My mom is probably Piper's favorite person. She is one of 6 grandkids, and my mom makes sure they all love her. ;) This may or may not have sometimes involve candy that I tell her she is not allowed to have!
Jaycie Shae talking to Piper, and baby Ava is in Maggie's belly! AH!
Outfit #2 - ridiculous, I know. I paid $12 for her dress, but didn't want cake on it, because I wanted to save it. I found this shirt at Target for like $2. I was very happy!
P is for Piper.
I just noticed how perfectly her shirt matches her cake. That was not planned!
She was hesitant, but has a sweet tooth just like her momma. Hopefully not nearly as bad! I like at least 1, usually 2 or more, desserts a day!
GQ baby, take 2.
Krystle, with Mercy in her belly, and holding Malakai. They're 14 months apart, and Krystle is super mom!
My super fun niece, Caleigh.
Trying to get some shots of Piper after everyone had left - except Jay and Emily.
What's that?! A family picture!? Yes, please!
My BFF, Emy Jean.
Playing with the bags - she still LOVES the taking things out, putting things in "game."






















































































1 comment:
this looks amazing Jess! you go girl!
Post a Comment